Kingdom of Hungary
King of Hungary
Árpád Dynasty (1000-1301)
- Saint Stephen I (I. István) (967-1038),Grand Prince of the Hungarians (997–1000) and the first King of Hungary (1000–1038).
- Andrew III the Venetian (III. András/Endre) (c. 1265-1301),King of Hungary (1290-1301) and Croatia. The last of the Árpád dynasty.
Arms of Árpád dynasty
Arms of Hungary Modern
Kings of different houses (1301-1526)
- Wenceslaus III Premyslid, (Vencel ), (1289-1306), King of Hungary (1301-1305), King of Bohemia (1305-1306) and King of Poland (1305-1306) .
- Otto III of , (Béla V ) ( 1261-1312), Duke of Lower Bavaria from 1290 to 1312 and King of Hungary between 1305 and 1307.
- Charles Iof Anjou, (Károly Róbert) (1288-1342), King of Hungary from 1308 to 1342.
- Louis the Great, (Nagy Lajos) (1326-1382), King of Hungary, K ing of Croatia from 1342, King of Sicily from 1348, King of Jerusalem from 1348 (By Papal appointment), and King of Poland from 1370.
- Mary, (I. Mária) (1371-1395), Queen regnant of Hungary from 1382 to 1385 and from 1386 to 1395.
- Charles the Short or Charles of Durazzo, (Kis Károly) (1345-1386), King of Naples and titular King of Jerusalem from 1382 to 1386 as Charles III, and King of Hungary from 1385 to 1386 as Charles II.
- Sigismund, (Zsigmond) (1368-1437),Holy Roman Emperor from 1433 until 1437, and the last Emperor of the House of Luxemburg. King of Hungary from 1387 to 1437. King of Bohemia from 1419, of Lombardia from 1431, and of Germany from 1411.
- Albert II of Habsburg, (1397-1439),King of Germany from 1438. King of Bohemia, King of Hungary, as Albrecht, Duke of Luxembourg and, as Albert V, Archduke of Austria from 1404.
- Vladislaus III of Varna,( Ulászló I) (1424-1444), King of Poland from 1434, and King of Hungary from 1440. (disputed)
- Ladislas V,( V. László (Utószülött) (Ladislaus the Posthumous) ( 1440-1457), King of Bohemia from 1453 and King of Hungary and Croatia as Ladislaus IV.
- Matthias Corvinus, (Hunyadi Mátyás) (1443-1490), King of Hungary and also King of Bohemia.
- Vladislas II, also known as Ladislaus Jagiellon (II. Ulászló) ( 1456- 1516), King of Bohemia from 1471 and King of Hungary from 1490. Knight of the Order of the Dragon.
- Louis II,(II. Lajos) ( 1506-1526), King of Hungary and King of Bohemia from 1516 to 1526. Knight of the Golden Fleece.
- János Szapolyai(Szapolyai János) (1487-1540), V oivode of . King of Hungary from 1526 to 1540. His rule was disputed by Archduke Ferdinand I, who also claimed the title King of Hungary between 1526 and 1540.
Habsburg Dynasty (1526-1780)
- Ferdinand I,(I.Ferdinánd) (1503-1564), Holy Roman Emperor from 1558, King of Bohemia and Hungary from 1526.
- Maximilian II(I. Miksa) ( 1527-1576), King of Bohemia from 1562, King of Hungary from 1563, Holy Roman Emperor from 1564
- Rudolf II (1552-1612), Holy Roman Emperor as Rudolf II (1576-1612), King of Hungary as Rudolf (1572-1608), King of Bohemia as Rudolf II (1575-1608/1611) and Archduke of Austria as Rudolf V (1576-1608).
- Matthias(II. Mátyás) (1557-1619), Holy Roman Emperor (1612-1619), King of Hungary (1608-1619) (as Matthias II), King of Bohemia (1611-1619).
- Ferdinand II(II. Ferdinánd) (1578-1637), Holy Roman Emperor (1619-1637), King of Bohemia (1617-1619, 1620-1637), King of Hungary (1618-1625).
- Ferdinand III (III. Ferdinánd), (1608-1657), Holy Roman Emperor (1637 – 1657). King of Hungary, King of Bohemia, Archduke of Austria, .
- Ferdinand IV(IV. Ferdinánd) ( 1633- 1654), King of the Romans (1653-1654), King of Hungary (1647-1654), and King of Bohemia (1646-1654).
- Leopold I(I. Lipót), (1640-1705), Holy Roman emperor, King of Hungary, King of Bohemia (1657-1705).
- Joseph I (I. József), (1678-1711), Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia, King of Hungary.
- Charles III (III. Károly),(1685-1740), Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia, King of Hungary.
- Maria II Theresa (II. Mária Terézia),(1717-1780), Queen of Hungary, Croatia, Bohemia, Lodomeria and Galicia. Founded the Order of Saint Stephen of Hungary in 1764.
Also see House of Habsburg for further arms.
Habsburg-Lorraine Dynasty (1780-1918)
- Joseph II, (II. József)(1741-1790), Holy Roman Emperor from 1765 and King of Bohemia, King of Hungary from 1780.
- Leopold II, (II. Lipót) (1747-1792), Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia, King of Hungary from 1790.
- Francis II, (I. Ferenc) (1768-1835), the last Holy Roman Emperor from 1792 to 1806 and the first Emperor of Austria from 1804 to 1835.
- Ferdinand I, (V. Ferdinánd) (1793-1875), Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary from 1835 to 1848.
- Franz Joseph I, (I. Ferenc József) (1830-1916), Emperor of Austria and King of Bohemia from 1848 to 1916 and King of Hungary from 1867 to 1916.
- Charles I,(IV. Károly) ( 1887- 1922), The last Emperor of Austria, the last King of Hungary.
See House of Habsburg-Lorraine for personal arms.
Kingdom of Hungary after 1867
Kingdom of Hungary after 1900
Kingdom of Hungary 1900 to 1918