Lord Binning in the Peerage of Scotland (1613)
Earl of Melrose in the Peerage of Scotland (1619, relinquished 1627)
Earls of Haddington in the Peerage of Scotland (1627)
Baron Melros in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1827 to 1858)
1st to 9th Earls of Haddington
- Thomas Hamilton, 1st Earl of Haddington and Lord Binning and Byres, 1st Earl of Melrose, 1st Lord Binning (1563–1637), descended from John de Hamilton, younger son of Walter de Hamilton
- Thomas Hamilton, 2nd Earl of Haddington (1600–1640)
- Thomas Hamilton, 3rd Earl of Haddington (1626–1645)
- John Hamilton, 4th Earl of Haddington (1626–1669)
5th Earl of Haddington
- Charles Hamilton, 5th Earl of Haddington (c. 1650–1685), married Margaret Leslie, 8th Countess of Rothes (d. 1700), daughter of John Leslie, 1st Duke of Rothes, who had received a re-grant of the Earldom of Rothes in 1663 which allowed it to be passed on to his daughter. According to the regrant of 1663, the Earldom of Rothes was not allowed to be united with the Earldom of Haddington. See House of Leslie.
- Thomas Hamilton, 6th Earl of Haddington KT (c. 1680–1735), second son of 5th Earl of Haddington.
- Thomas Hamilton, 7th Earl of Haddington (1721–1794)
- Charles Hamilton, 8th Earl of Haddington (1753–1828)
- Thomas Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington, 1st Baron Melros KT (1780–1858)
10th to 14th Earls of Haddington
- George Baillie-Hamilton, 10th Earl of Haddington (1802–1870), son of George Baillie of Jerviswood (who had assumed the surname of Baillie in lieu of Hamilton), son of the Hon. George Hamilton, younger brother of 7th Earl.
11th Earl of Haddington KT
- George Baillie-Hamilton-Arden, 11th Earl of Haddington KT (1827–1917), married Helen Katharine Warrender, heiress and granddaughter of Richard Arden, 1st Baron Alvanley..
- George Baillie-Hamilton, 12th Earl of Haddington KT (1894–1986)
- John George Baillie-Hamilton, 13th Earl of Haddington (1941–2016)
- George Baillie-Hamilton, 14th Earl of Haddington (b. 1985)
Barons Alvanley in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1801)
- Richard Pepper Arden, 1st Baron Alvanley (1744–1804)
- William Arden, 2nd Baron Alvanley (1789–1849), the famous Regency buck and member of the Prince Regent's circle.
- Richard Pepper Arden, 3rd Baron Alvanley (1792–1857)