Lords Scott of Buccleuch in the Peerage of Scotland (1606)
Earls of Buccleuch in the Peerage of Scotland (1619)
Duke of Monmouth in the Peerage of England (1663, attainted 1685)
Earl of Doncaster in the Peerage of England (1663, attainted 1685, restored 1743)
Dukes of Buccleuch in the Peerage of Scotland (1663)
Earls of Buccleuch
- Walter Scott, 1st Lord Scott of Buccleuch (1565–1611)
- Walter Scott, 1st Earl of Buccleuch, 2nd Lord Scott of Buccleuch (d. 1633)
- Francis Scott, 2nd Earl of Buccleuch (1626–1651)
Earl of Tarras
- Mary Scott, 3rd Countess of Buccleuch and Countess of Tarras (1647–1661) married married Walter Scott, Earl of Tarras and Lord Almoor and Campcastill (for life) (1644-1693) elder daughter of 2nd Earl of Buccleuch.
Arms as James Crofts or Fitzroy, 1st Duke of Monmouth
Arms as James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth and Buccleuch
- Anne Scott, 1st Duchess of Buccleuch, 4th Countess of Buccleuch (1651–1732) younger daughter of 2nd Earl of Buccleuch and married James Crofts, later James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth, Earl of Doncaster and Baron Scott of Tynedale and 1st Duke of Buccleuch, Earl of Dalkeith and Lord Scott of Whitchester and Eskdaill KG (1649-1685) He was the natural son of King Charles II (1630-1685) by his mistress Lucy Walters (1630 – 1658). The attainer of 1685 only affected the Dukedom of Monmouth.
James Scott, Earl of Doncaster later Earl of Dalkeith KT
- James Scott, Earl of Doncaster later Earl of Dalkeith KT (1674–1705) elder son of Duke of Monmouth.
2nd Duke of Buccleuch KT
- Francis Scott, 2nd Duke of Buccleuch KT (1695–1751) married Lady Jean Douglas (d. 1729), 4th daughter of James Douglas, 2nd Duke of Queensberry. Restored by Act of Parliament in 1743 as to his grandfather's peerages of Baron Scott of Tindale and Earl of Doncaster.
Francis Scott, Earl of Dalkeith (1721–1750)
- Francis Scott, Earl of Dalkeith (1721–1750) married Lady Caroline Campbell, Baroness Greenwich (1717–1794) In 1767 she was created Baroness Greenwich, with remainder to her issue male by her second husband, Rt Hon Charles Townshend MP. 1st daughter and coheiress of John Campbell, 2nd Duke of Argyll and 1st Duke of Greenwich.
3rd Duke of Buccleuch and 5th Duke of Queensberry KG, KT
- Henry Scott, 3rd Duke of Buccleuch, 5th Duke of Queensberry KG, KT (1746–1812) In 1810 he succeeded as Duke of Queensberry. Married Lady Elizabeth Montagu, daughter of George Montagu, 1st Duke of Montagu.
4th Duke of Buccleuch and 6th Duke of Queensberry KT
- Charles William Henry Scott later Montagu-Scott, 4th Duke of Buccleuch, 6th Duke of Queensberry KT (1772–1819). Quartered Montagu of Boughton.
5th Duke of Buccleuch and 7th Duke of Queensberry KG
- Walter Francis Montagu-Scott later Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 5th Duke of Buccleuch, 7th Duke of Queensberry KG (1806–1884) Quartered Douglas for Dukedom of Queensbury.
- William Henry Walter Montagu Douglas Scott, 6th Duke of Buccleuch, 8th Duke of Queensberry KG KT (1831–1914)
- John Charles Montagu Douglas Scott, 7th Duke of Buccleuch, 9th Duke of Queensberry KT (1864–1935)
Arms as used by 8th Duke of Buccleuch and 10th Duke of Queensberry KT onwards
- Walter John Montagu Douglas Scott, 8th Duke of Buccleuch, 10th Duke of Queensberry KT (1894–1973) Quartered Campbell for the Dukedom of Greenwich.
- Walter Francis John Montagu Douglas Scott, 9th Duke of Buccleuch, 11th Duke of Queensberry KT (1923–2007)
- Richard Walter John Montagu Douglas Scott, 10th Duke of Buccleuch, 12th Duke of Queensberry, 13th Earl of Buccleuch, 10th Earl of Doncaster, 14th Lord Scott of Buccleuch (b. 1954)
The Queensberry Inheritance
Dukes of Queensberry
When William Douglas, 4th Duke of Queensberry (1725–1810) died his 24 peerages were distributed as follows depending on their original grant:
Earldom of Ruglen
Viscountcy of Riccartoun
Baron Douglas of Amesbury
Henry, 3rd Duke of Buccleuch in right of his grandmother, Jean, sister and heir-of- line of Charles, 3rd Duke of Queensberry:
Dukedom of Queensberry
Marquessate of Dumfriesshire
Earldoms of Drumlanrig and Sanquhar
Viscountcies of Nith, Torthorwald and Ross
Lordships of Douglas of Kilmount, Middlebie and Dornock
Francis, 8th Earl of Wemyss in right of his great-grandmother, Anne, wife of 4th Earl of Wemyss and sister and heir-of- line of William Douglas, 2nd Earl of March:
Earldom of March
Viscountcy of Peebles
Lordships of Douglas of Neidpath, Lyne and Munard
Sir Charles Douglas, 5th Baronet, of Kelhead heir male of Douglas of Drumlanrig:
Marquessate of Queensberry
Earldom of Queensberry
Viscountcy of Drumlanrig
Lordships of Douglas of Hawick and Tibbers
Earls of Deloraine in the Peerage of Scotland (1706–1807)
1st Earl of Deloraine KB
- Henry Scott, 1st Earl of Deloraine, Viscount of Hermitage and Lord Goldielands KB(1676–1730) second son of James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth.
- Francis Scott, 2nd Earl of Deloraine (1710–1739)
- Henry Scott, 3rd Earl of Deloraine (1712–1740)
- Henry Scott, 4th Earl of Deloraine (1737–1807)
Earls of Deloraine
Baron Montagu of Boughton, second creation in the Peerage of Great Britain (1762-1770)
Duke of Montagu, Second Creation in the Peerage of Great Britain (1766-1790)
Barons Montagu of Boughton, third creation in the Peerage of Great Britain (1786-1845)
1st Baron Montagu of Boughton, Marquess of Monthermer
- John Montagu, (1735-1770), 1st Baron Montagu of Boughton, Marquess of Monthermer, Lord Brudenell, son of George Brudenell, 4th Earl of Cardigan.
1st Duke of Montagu
- George Brudenell later Montagu (1712–1790) 1st Duke of Montagu, Marquess of Monthermer, 4th Earl of Cardigan, Baron Brudenell, KG created 1st Baron Montagu of Boughton, with a special remainder to the younger sons of his daughter, who had married the 3rd Duke of Buccleuch.
2nd Baron Montagu of Boughton
- Henry James Scott later Montagu-Scott, (1776–1845) 2nd Baron Montagu of Boughton, grandson of son of George Montagu, 1st Duke of Montagu and second son of Henry Scott, 3rd Duke of Buccleuch, 5th Duke of Queensberry.
Barons Montagu of Beaulieu in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1885)
Barons Montagu of Beaulieu
- Henry John Montagu-Douglas-Scott later Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 1st Baron Montagu of Beaulieu (1832–1905) second son of the 5th Duke of Buccleuch
- John Walter Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 2nd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu (1866–1929)
- Edward John Barrington Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 3rd Baron Montagu of Beaulieu (1926-2015)
- Ralph Douglas-Scott-Montagu, 4th Baron Montagu of Beaulieu (b. 1961)