House of Vernon
Vernon of Shipbrook
William de Vernon arrived in England at the time of the Norman conquest and was granted lands in the County Palatine of Chester under the patronage of Hugh d'Avranches, 1st Earl of Chester. His son Richard was created a medieval Baron and settled at Shipbrook, Cheshire.
Vernon of Sudbury
Barons Vernon of Kinderton in the Peerage of Great Britain (1762)
1st Baron Vernon
- George Venables-Vernon, 1st Baron Vernon (1707–1780) son of Henry Vernon, of Sudbury in Derbyshire, and Anne Pigott, daughter and heiress of Thomas Pigott by his wife Mary Venables, sister and heiress of Sir Peter Venables, last Baron of Kinderton. Married, thirdly, Martha Harcourt, granddaughter of the Simon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt.
2nd Baron Vernon
- George Venables-Vernon, 2nd Baron Vernon (1735–1813)
- Henry Venables-Vernon, 3rd Baron Vernon (1747–1829)
- George Charles Venables-Vernon, 4th Baron Vernon (1779–1835) married Frances Maria Warren, daughter of Admiral Sir John Borlase Warren, 1st Baronet.
5th Baron Vernon
- George John Venables-Vernon, 5th Baron Vernon (1803–1866) assumed in 1837 the surname of Warren only for himself.
- Augustus Henry Venables-Vernon, 6th Baron Vernon (1829–1883)
- George William Henry Venables-Vernon, 7th Baron Vernon (1854–1898)
- George Francis Augustus Venables-Vernon, 8th Baron Vernon (1888–1915)
- Francis Lawrance William Venables-Vernon, 9th Baron Vernon (1889–1963)
- John Lawrance Venables-Vernon, 10th Baron Vernon (1923–2000)
11th Baron Vernon
- Anthony William Vernon-Harcourt, 11th Baron Vernon (b. 1939) great-great-grandson of Admiral Frederick Edward Vernon-Harcourt, fourth son of Edward (Vernon) Harcourt, Archbishop of York, himself second son of 1st Baron Vernon, who succeeded to the Harcourt family estates on the death of his cousin the William Harcourt, 3rd Earl Harcourt.
Viscounts Harcourt, Second Creation, in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1917-1979)
- Lewis Vernon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt (1863–1922) descendant of Edward Harcourt, Archbishop of York.
- William Edward Harcourt, 2nd Viscount Harcourt (1908–1979)
Baron Harcourt in the Peerage of Great Britain (1711-1830)
Viscounts Harcourt, First Creation, in the Peerage of Great Britain (1721-1830)
Earls Harcourt in the Peerage of Great Britain (1749-1830)
- Simon Harcourt, 1st Viscount Harcourt 1st Baron Harcourt (1661–1727)
- Simon Harcourt, 1st Earl Harcourt and Viscount Nuneham, 2nd Viscount Harcourt (1714–1777)
- George Simon Harcourt, 2nd Earl Harcourt (1736–1809)
- William Harcourt, 3rd Earl Harcourt (1743–1830)
Baron Orwell in the Peerage of Ireland (1762-1783)
Viscount Orwell in the Peerage of Ireland (1776-1783)
Earl of Shipbrooke in the Peerage of Ireland (1777-1783)
1st Earl of Shipbrook
- Francis Vernon, 1st Earl of Shipbrook, 1st Viscount Orwell, 1st Baron Orwell (1715 – 1783)
Vernon of Hodnet in the Baronetage of England (1660-1725)
Vernon of Hodnet
- Sir Henry Vernon, 1st Baronet (1605-1676)
- Sir Thomas Vernon, 2nd Baronet (d 1683)
- Sir Richard Vernon, 3rd Baronet (1678-1725)
Vernon of Hanbury Hall in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom (1885-1940)
Vernon of Hanbury Hall
- Sir Harry Foley Vernon, 1st Baronet (1834-1920)
- Sir Bowater George Hamilton Vernon, 2nd Baronet (1865-1940)
Vernon of Shotwick Park in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom (1914)
Vernon of Shotwick Park
- Sir William Vernon, 1st Baronet (1835-1919)
- Sir John Herbert Vernon, 2nd Baronet (1858-1933)
- Sir William Norman Herbert Vernon, 3rd Baronet (1890-1967)
- Sir Nigel John Douglas Vernon, 4th Baronet (1924-2007)
- Sir James Vernon, 5th Baronet (b 1949)
Vernon-Wentworth of Wentworth Castle (1802-1948)
Vernon-Wentworth of Wentworth Castle
- Frederick William Thomas Vernon, later Vernon-Wentworth (1795-1885) grandson of Henry Vernon of Hilton and Lady Henrietta Wentworth, daughter of 3rd Earl of Strafford. Succeeded to the estates of Wentworth Castle in 1802 and under the terms of the will of Lady Henrietta Wentworth assumed the name and arms of Wentworth.
Barons Lyveden in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1859-1979)
- Robert Vernon, 1st Baron Lyveden (1800–1873) son of Robert Percy Smith and Carolina Maria Vernon, daughter of Richard Vernon.
- Fitzpatrick Henry Vernon, 2nd Baron Lyveden (1824–1900)
- Courtenay Robert Percy Vernon, 3rd Baron Lyveden (1857–1926)
- Robert Fitzpatrick Courtenay Vernon, 4th Baron Lyveden (1892–1969)
- Sidney Munro Vernon, 5th Baron Lyveden (1888–1973)
- Ronald Cecil Vernon, 6th Baron Lyveden (1915–1999)
- Jack Leslie Vernon, 7th Baron Lyveden (b. 1938)