Tsar of Russia
Tsars of Russia
- Mikhail, 1613-1645
- Alexei, 1645-1676
- Feodor III, 1676-1682
- Peter I the Great, 1682-1725, jointly with Ivan V until 1696
- Ivan V, 1682-1696, jointly with Peter I
Emperors of Russia from 1721
- Peter I the Great, 1682-1725. Founded the Order of St. Andrew the First-Called in 1698 and the Order of St Catherine in 1714 (for noble women)
- Catherine I, 1725-17271727-1730 (last male Romanov)
- Anna, 1730-1740
- Ivan VI, 1740-1741 ( Brunswick-Lüneburg) son of Duke Anthony Ulrich of Brunswick and Grand Duchess Anna Leopoldovna of Russia ( daughter of Charles Leopold, the Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin)
- Elizabeth, 1741-1762 (last Romanov)
Emperor of Russia
Peter the Great, Order of St. Andrew
Grand Duchess with Order of St. Catherine
Charles Leopold, the Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
Duke Anthony Ulrich of Brunswick
Romanov- Holstein-Gottorp Dynasty
- Peter III, 1762, son of Charles Frederick, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp
- Catherine II the Great, 1762-1796 wife of Peter III and daughter of Christian August, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst. Founded The Military Order of the Saint Grand Martyr and the Triumphant George in 1769.
- Paul I, 1796-1801,
- Alexander I, 1801-1825. Founded The Royal and Imperial Order of Saint Stanislaus (Poland) in 1815.
- Nicholas I, 1825-1855
- Alexander II, 1855-1881
- Alexander III, 1881-1894
- Nicholas II, 1894-1917
Charles Frederick, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp
Peter III as Duke of Holstein-Gottorp
Christian August, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst
Catherine II and Order of St. George
Alexander I, King of Poland and Order of St. Stanislas
Emperor of Russia after 1856
Romanov- Holstein-Gottorp family arms
Arms of Romanov Grand Dukes and Princes
- Princes Yurievski ex.1913 from Tsar Alexander II.
- Princes Romanovski-Ilyinski from Grand Duke Paul’s branch.
- Princes Paley ex.1918 from Grand Duke Paul.
- Princes Romanovski-Krasinski from Grand Duke Andrew.
- Prince Iskander ex.1919 son of Grand Duke Nicholas.
Arms for Romanov Family