Dukes of Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp
Counts of Oldenburg
Dukes of Holstein-Gottorp
Emperors of Russia
- Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp, ( 1526- 1586), the first Duke of Holstein-Gottorp, son of King Frederick I of Denmark and grandson of King Christian I of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Knight of the Garter.
- Johann Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp, ( 1575- 1616), Duke of Holstein-Gottorp from 1590, Prince-Archbishop of Bremen 1589–1596 and Prince-Bishop of Lübeck 1586–1607 both as Lutheran Administrator.
- Christian Albrecht of Holstein-Gottorp (1641-1695), Duke of Holstein-Gottorp and Bishop of Lübeck 1655-1666.
- Charles Frederick of Holstein-Gottorp, ( 1700- 1739), Duke of Schleswig from 1702-1713, Duke of Holstein from 1702-1739. Founder of the Order of St. Anna in 1735.
- Karl Peter Ulrich later Peter III, (1728-1762), Duke of Holstein-Gottorp from 1739 and of Russia in 1762.
- Paul, (1754-1801), Duke of Holstein-Gottorp 1762-1773 and Emperor of Russia from 1796.
In 1773, the remaining lands of the duchy of Holstein were ceded to the King of Denmark. Paul received in compensation the lands of Oldenburg and Delmenhorst, which he transferred to Friedrich August, Duke of Holstein-Oldenburg.
Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp, (1526-1586)
Johann Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp, (1575-1616),
Christian Albrecht of Holstein-Gottorp (1641-1695)
Charles Frederick of Holstein-Gottorp, (1700-1739)
Karl Peter Ulrich later Peter III, (1728-1762)
Paul, (1754-1801),Duke of Holstein-Gottorp and Emperor of Russia
Kings of Sweden
Count of Oldenburg
Dukes of Oldenburg
Grand Dukes of Oldenburg
Son of Christian Albrecht of Holstein-Gottorp:
- Prince Christian August of Holstein-Gottorp, (1673 - 1726), Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Prince Regent of Eutin, Prince-bishop of Lubeck and Regent of the Duchy of Holstein-Gottorp.
Sons of Christian August of Holstein-Gottorp:
- Adolf Frederick, (1710- 1771), Prince Regent of Eutin and Prince-bishop of Lübeck 1727 to 1750, King of Sweden from 1751.
- Frederick Augustus I, (1711-1785), Prince Regent of Eutin and Prince-bishop of Lübeck 1750 to 1785, Count of Oldenburg 1773, Duke of Oldenburg from 1774.
Adolf Frederick, (1710- 1771)
Frederick Augustus I, (1711-1785)
- Paul Friedrich August I, ( 1783- 1853), Grand Duke of Oldenburg from 1829. First to use the elevated title granted in 1815.
Founder of the House and Merit Order of Peter Frederick Louis in 1838.