House of Capell/Capel
Earls of Essex
Barons Capell of Hadham in the Peerage of England (1641, dormant 1981 to 1989)
Earls of Essex in the Peerage of England (1661 dormant 1981 to 1989)
1st Baron Capell of Hadham
- Arthur Capell, 1st Baron Capell of Hadham (1604–1649) married Elizabeth Morrison (d. 1660), only daughter and coheiress of Sir Charles Morrison, 1st and last Bt., of Cashiobury Park, Watford, co. Hertford.
1st Earl of Essex
- Arthur Capell, 1st Earl of Essex and Viscount Malden, 2nd Baron Capell of Hadham (1631–1683) Peerages created with special remainder to the heirs male of the body of his father.
- Algernon Capell, 2nd Earl of Essex (1670–1710)
3rd Earl of Essex KG
- William Capell, 3rd Earl of Essex KG KT (1697–1743)
- William Anne Capell later Capel, 4th Earl of Essex (1732–1799) married as his first wife Frances Hanbury-Williams (d. 1759), 1st daughter and coheiress of Sir Charles Hanbury-Williams KB by his wife Lady Frances Coningsby, 2nd daughter and coheiress by his second wife of Thomas Coningsby, 1st Earl of Coningsby.
5th Earl of Essex
- George Capel later Capel-Coningsby, 5th Earl of Essex (1757–1839)
- Arthur Algernon Capel later Capell, 6th Earl of Essex (1803–1892)
- George Devereux de Vere Capell, 7th Earl of Essex (1857–1916)
- Algernon George de Vere Capell, 8th Earl of Essex (1884–1966)
- Reginald George de Vere Capell, 9th Earl of Essex (1906–1981) (dormant 1981)
- Robert Edward de Vere Capell, 10th Earl of Essex (1920–2005) (revived 1989)
- (Frederick) Paul de Vere Capell, 11th Earl of Essex (b. 1944)
Baron Capell of Tewkesbury in the Peerage of England (1692–1696)
1st Baron Capell of Tewkesbury
- Henry Capell, 1st Baron Capell of Tewkesbury KB (1638–1696) younger son of 1st Baron Capell of Hadham.