House of Lyttleton
Sir Thomas de Littleton
Sir Thomas de Littleton (c. 1407-1481) In 1466 he was made a judge of the Court of Common Pleas, and in 1475 a Knight of the Bath. Littleton’s surname was that of his mother, who was the sole daughter and heiress of Thomas de Littleton, Lord of Frankley. She married one Thomas Westcote.
He had three sons:
- Sir William Lyttelton of Frankley, ancestor of the Lyttelton of Frankley, Baronets, Barons Lyttelton, Viscounts Cobham and Viscounts Chandos.
- Richard Lyttelton, ancestor of the Littelton of Pillaton, Baronets and Barons Hatherton.
- Thomas Lyttelton, ancestor of the Littelton of Stoke Milburgh, Baronets and Baron Lyttleton of Mounslow.
Lyttelton of Frankley in the Baronetage of England (1618)
Barons Lyttelton of Frankley, First creation, in the Peerage of Great Britain (1756-1779)
Barons Westcote of Ballymore in the Peerage of Ireland (1776)
Barons Lyttelton of Frankley, Second Creation, in the Peerage of Great Britain (1794)
Lyttelton of Frankley
- Sir Thomas Lyttelton, 1st Baronet (1593–1650)
- Sir Henry Lyttelton, 2nd Baronet (1624–1693)
- Sir Charles Lyttelton, 3rd Baronet (1628–1716)
- Sir Thomas Lyttelton, 4th Baronet (1686–1751) married Christian, daughter of Sir Richard Temple, 3rd Baronet, and sister of Richard Temple, 1st Viscount Cobham, and Hester Grenville, 1st Countess Temple.
Barons Lyttelton of Frankley, First creation
- Sir George Lyttelton, 1st Baron Lyttelton of Frankley, 5th Baronet (1709–1773)
- Thomas Lyttelton, 2nd Baron Lyttelton, 6th Baronet (1744–1779)
Barons Westcote of Ballymore and Barons Lyttelton of Frankley
- William Henry Lyttelton, 1st Baron Lyttelton, 1st Baron Westcote, 7th Baronet (1724–1808) younger brother of George Lyttelton, 1st Baron Lyttelton, and 6th son of Sir Thomas Lyttelton, 4th Baronet.
- George Fulke Lyttelton, 2nd Baron Lyttelton (1763–1828)
- William Henry Lyttelton, 3rd Baron Lyttelton (1782–1837)
- George William Lyttelton, 4th Baron Lyttelton (1817–1876)
- Charles George Lyttelton, 5th Baron Lyttelton, 8th Viscount Cobham (1842–1922) On the death in 1889 of Richard Plantagenet Campbell Temple-Nugent-Brydges-Chandos-Grenville, 3rd Duke of Buckingham and Chandos, 7th Viscount Cobham, etc. several of his titles became extinct but the Viscountcy and Barony of Cobham were inherited by his fourth cousin. The Viscountcy and Barony of Cobham was created with special remainder, failing heirs male of the first Viscount’s body, to his second sister, Hester Grenville, and the heirs male of her body, failing which to his third sister, Dame Christian Lyttelton, in like manner.
- John Cavendish Lyttelton, 9th Viscount Cobham (1881–1949)
- Charles John Lyttelton, 10th Viscount Cobham KG (1909–1977)
- John William Leonard Lyttelton, 11th Viscount Cobham (1943–2006)
- Christopher Charles Lyttelton, 12th Viscount Cobham, 12th Baron Cobham of Cobham, 9th Baron Westcote of Ballymore, 9th Baron Lyttelton of Frankley, 14th Baronet (born 1947)
Viscounts Chandos in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1954)
Baron Lyttelton of Aldershot in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (Life Peer) (2000)
- Oliver Lyttelton, 1st Viscount Chandos KG (1893–1972) son of the Hon. Alfred Lyttelton, eighth son of George Lyttelton, 4th Baron Lyttelton.
- Antony Alfred Lyttelton, 2nd Viscount Chandos (1920–1980)
- Thomas Orlando Lyttelton, 3rd Viscount Chandos, Baron Lyttelton of Aldershot (Life Peer) (b. 1953)
Littleton of Pillaton Hall in the Baronetage of England (1627-1812)
Littleton of Pillaton Hall
- Sir Edward Littleton, 1st Baronet (c. 1599 – c. 1657)
- Sir Edward Littleton, 2nd Baronet (c. 1632–1709)
- Sir Edward Littleton, 3rd Baronet (d. 1742)
- Sir Edward Littleton, 4th Baronet (c. 1725–1812)
Barons Hatherton in the Peerage of the United Kingdom (1835)
- Edward John Littleton, 1st Baron Hatherton (1791–1863) He was born Edward Walhouse and in 1812, took the name of Littleton in order to inherit the property of his great-uncle Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton Hall, 4th and last Baronet.
- Edward Richard Littleton, 2nd Baron Hatherton (1815–1888)
- Edward George Littleton, 3rd Baron Hatherton (1842–1930)
- Edward Charles Littleton, 4th Baron Hatherton (1868–1944)
- Edward Thomas Littleton, 5th Baron Hatherton (1900–1969)
- John Walter Littleton, 6th Baron Hatherton (1906–1973)
- Thomas Charles Littleton, 7th Baron Hatherton (1907–1985)
- Edward Charles Littleton, 8th Baron Hatherton (b. 1950)
Littleton of Stoke Milburgh in the Baronetage of England (1642-1709)
Littleton of Stoke Milburgh
- Sir Adam Littleton, 1st Baronet (d. 1647)
- Sir Thomas Littleton, 2nd Baronet (c. 1621–1681) married his cousin Anne, daughter of Edward Littleton, 1st Baron Lyttleton of Mounslow.
- Sir Thomas Littleton, 3rd Baronet (1647–1709)
Baron Lyttleton of Mounslow in the Peerage of England (1641-1645)
Baron Lyttleton of Mounslow
- Edward Littleton (1589-1645) 1st Baron Lyttleton of Mounslow. No known supporters.