House of Pitt

House of Pitt

ib_p202_3_2.jpg

Earls of Chatham

Barons Chatham (1761-1835)
Earls of Chatham (1766-1835)

  • Lady Hester Grenville, (1720–1803) Countess of Chatham and 1st Baroness Chatham in her own right, daughter of Richard Grenville and Hester Temple,1st Countess Temple, wife of William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham.
  • William Pitt, (1708–1778) 1st Earl of Chatham, Viscount Pitt. Known as William Pitt, the Elder.
  • John Pitt, (1756–1835) 2nd Earl of Chatham, 2nd Baron Chatham, KG, elder brother of William Pitt, the Younger (1759-1806), Prime Minister of Great Britain.

Barons Camelford ( 1784-1804)

  • Thomas Pitt, (1737–1793) 1st Baron Camelford, son of Thomas Pitt of Boconnoc, the great-grandson of Thomas Pitt, the great-nephew of Thomas Pitt, 1st Earl of Londonderry, the nephew of William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham.
  • Thomas Pitt, (1775–1804) 2nd Baron Camelford.

Earls of Londonderry, in the Peerage of Ireland (1726-1765)

  • Thomas Innes Pitt, (d. 1729) 1st Earl of Londonderry, Viscount Gallen-Ridgeway, second son of Thomas Pitt of Boconnoc and married Lady Frances Ridgeway, daughter of Robert Ridgeway, 4th Earl of Londonderry.
  • Thomas Pitt, (d. 1734) 2nd Earl of Londonderry.
  • Ridgeway Pitt, (1722–1765) 3rd Earl of Londonderry

Baron Rivers of Stratfield-Saye (1776-1828)
Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle (1802-1880)

This family was the senior branch of the Pitts, but distantly related.

  • George Pitt, (1721–1803) 1st Baron Rivers of Stratfield-Saye and 1st Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle with special remainder in default of male issue to the husband of his daughter Louisa, William Beckford.
  • George Pitt, (1751–1828) 2nd Baron Rivers of Stratfield-Saye and 2nd Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle.
  • William Horace Beckford later Pitt-Rivers, (1777–1831) 3rd Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle.
  • George Pitt-Rivers, (1810–1866) 4th Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle.
  • Henry Peter Pitt-Rivers, (1849–1867) 5th Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle.
  • Horace Pitt-Rivers, (1814–1880) 6th Baron Rivers of Sudeley Castle.