Barons Clinton in the Peerage of England (1298, abeyant 1692)
Earls of Lincoln in the Peerage of England (1572)
Dukes of Newcastle-under-Lyne in the Peerage of Great Britain (1756 from 1768 to 1988)
Earls of Lincoln
- John de Clinton,(d. 1315) 1st Baron Clinton
- John de Clinton, (d. c. 1335) 2nd Baron Clinton.
- John de Clinton, (d. 1398) 3rd Baron Clinton.
- William de Clinton, (1378–1431) 4th Baron Clinton.
- John de Clinton, (1410–1464) 5th Baron Clinton.
- John Clinton, (1431–1488) 6th Baron Clinton.
- John Clinton, (1471–1514) 7th Baron Clinton.
- Thomas Clinton, (1490–1517) 8th Baron Clinton.
1st Earl of Lincoln KG
- Edward Clinton, (1512–1585) 1st Earl of Lincoln, 9th Baron Clinton KG.
- Henry Clinton, (1539–1616) 2nd Earl of Lincoln, 10th Baron Clinton.
- Thomas Clinton, (1568–1619) 3rd Earl of Lincoln, 11th Baron Clinton.
- Theophilus Clinton, (1600–1667) 4th Earl of Lincoln, 12th Baron Clinton.Married The Hon. Bridget Fiennes, only daughter of William Fiennes, 1st Viscount Saye and Sele. His elest son,Edward Clinton, styled Lord Clinton (1624–1657), married Lady Anne Holles 1st daughter of John Holles, 2nd Earl of Clare.
5th Earl of Lincoln
- Edward Clinton, (d. 1692) 5th Earl of Lincoln, 13th Baron Clinton. On his death the Barony of Clinton fell into abeyance between the descendants of his three aunts: Lady Catharine Booth, Lady Delamere; Lady Arabella Rolle; and Lady Margaret Boscawen. In 1721 the abeyance was terminated in favour of his cousin, Hugh Fortescue, 14th Baron Clinton. See below.
- Francis Clinton, (1635–1693) 6th Earl of Lincoln.
7th Earl of Lincoln KG
- Henry Clinton, (1684–1728) 7th Earl of Lincoln KG. Married the Hon Lucy Pelham, 2nd daughter of Thomas Pelham, 1st Baron Pelham, and sister of Thomas Pelham later Pelham-Holles, 1st Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne
- George Clinton, (1718–1730) 8th Earl of Lincoln.
9th Earl of Lincoln KG later 2nd Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne
- Henry Fiennes Pelham-Clinton, (1720–1794) 2nd Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 9th Earl of Lincoln KG. Married Catharine Pelham daughter and coheiress. of Rt Hon Henry Pelham, First Lord of the Treasury (Prime Minister) 1743-54, 2nd son of Thomas Pelham, 1st Baron Pelham
Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne and Earl of Lincoln
- Thomas Pelham-Clinton, (1752–1795) 3rd Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 10th Earl of Lincoln
- Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham-Clinton, (1785–1851) 4th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 11th Earl of Lincoln KG.
- Henry Pelham Pelham-Clinton, (1811–1864) 5th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 12th Earl of Lincoln KG.
- Henry Pelham Alexander Pelham-Clinton, (1834–1879) 6th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 13th Earl of Lincoln.
- Henry Pelham Archibald Douglas Pelham-Clinton, (1864–1928) 7th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 14th Earl of Lincoln.
8th and 9th Dukes of Newcastle-under-Lyne
- Henry Francis Hope Pelham-Clinton-Hope, (1866–1941) 8th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 15th Earl of Lincoln. Assumed the additional name and arms of Hope by Royal Licence in 1887.
- Henry Edward Hugh Pelham-Clinton-Hope, (1907–1988) 9th Duke of Newcastle, 16th Earl of Lincoln.
- Edward Pelham-Clinton, (1920–1988) 10th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne, 17th Earl of Lincoln. On his death the Dukedom of Newcastle-under-Lyne became extinct and the Earldom of Lincoln was inherited by his distant cousin, Edward Horace Fiennes-Clinton.
- Edward Horace Fiennes-Clinton, (1913–2001) 18th Earl of Lincoln.
- Robert Edward Fiennes-Clinton, (b. 1972) 19th Earl of Lincoln.
Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath
General Sir Henry Clinton KB
- General Sir Henry Clinton KB (1730–1795) son of Admiral of the Fleet The Hon. George Clinton (c.1686–1761) and grandson of Francis Clinton, 6th Earl of Lincoln.
Lieutenant-General Sir Henry Clinton KB later GCB, GCH
- Lieutenant-General Sir Henry Clinton KB later GCB, GCH (1771–1829) son of General Sir Henry Clinton KB (1730–1795), grandson of Admiral of the Fleet The Hon. George Clinton (c.1686–1761) and great-grandson of Francis Clinton, 6th Earl of Lincoln.
Barons Clinton in the Peerage of England (1298, abeyance terminated 1721,abeyant 1751)
Baron Fortescue in the Peerage of Great Britain (1746)
Earl of Clinton in the Peerage of Great Britain (1746-1751)
1st Earl of Clinton and 1st Baron Fortescue
- Hugh Fortescue, (1696–1751) 1st Earl of Clinton and 1st Baron Fortescue of Castlehill, 14th Baron Clinton. He was created Baron Fortescue of Castlehill, with remainder, failing heirs male of his body, to his half-brother Matthew Fortescue. Great grandson of 4th Earl of Lincoln and 12th Baron Clinton. On his death the Barony of Fortescue passed to his half-brother, Matthew Fortescue, the Earldom of Clinton became extinct, and the Barony of Clinton fell into abeyance between his sister, Margaret Fortescue, and his cousin Margaret Rolle later Walpole, Countess of Orford.
Barons Clinton in the Peerage of England (1298, abeyance terminated 1760)
2nd Earl of Orford, 1st Baron Walpole of Walpole KB
- Margaret Rolle, (1709–1781) Countess of Orford and Countess Ferrars, 15th Baroness Clinton, great granddaughter of 4th Earl of Lincoln and 12th Baron Clinton.
3rd Earl of Orford and 16th Baron Clinton
- George Walpole, (1730–1791) 3rd Earl of Orford, 16th Baron Clinton(dormant on his death)
17th to 19th Barons Clinton
- Robert George William Trefusis, (1764–1797) 17th Baron Clinton (claimed title 1794), great great great grandson of Earl of Lincoln and 12th Baron Clinton.
- Robert Cotton St John Trefusis, (1787–1832) 18th Baron Clinton
- Charles Rodolph Trefusis, (1791–1866) 19th Baron Clinton
20th to 21th Barons Clinton
- Charles Henry Rolle Hepburn-Stuart-Forbes-Trefusis, (1834–1904) 20th Baron Clinton
- Charles John Robert Hepburn-Stuart-Forbes-Trefusis, (1863–1957) 21st Baron Clinton (abeyant) On his death the Barony of Clinton fell into abeyance between his two daughters, Hon Harriett Fane and Hon Fenella Bowes-Lyon.
22nd Baron Clinton
- Neville Mark Fane Trefusis, (b. 1934) 22nd Baron Clinton (abeyance terminated 1965).